INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED CORPORATE SECRETARIES OF SRILANKA
The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) Sri Lanka Branch was first established in the year 1953 as an Association of Sri Lankan Members of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) of London. It gained local status in 1985, with its registered office situated at No. 47 , Jawatte Road, Colombo 5. The Institute was subsequently re-located at No. 34/3, Fife Road , Colombo 5.
In the year 2008, the Steering Committee set up by the Governing Council, recommended that in keeping with current trends the name of the Institute be changed to reflect transformations that had and are taking place in the local and international business environment as well as to give proper emphasis to the position of the Company Secretary vis-a-vis Corporate Governance in the world. Accordingly, the name of the Institute was changed to "The Institute of Chartered Corporate Secretaries of Sri Lanka "(ICCS) on 22nd April 2008.
The business and affairs of the Institute are managed by a Board of Management and it has appointed Committees, such as, Membership Affairs Committee, Student Affairs Committee and Board of Examiners etc to carry out various assignments.